thought for the day.....

Be true to Yourself first!!

Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday, January 26, 2015

Sooo, I really don't have anything to write about CSW today but I wanted to share 2 great websites that I use in the classroom quite frequently.

I have been thinking that I really don't love giving my students a "mad" minute timed test on the tables.  I find that some kids don't finish, they get embarrassed or they just give up.  This is so frustrating to me!  How can I help them to succeed and WANT to succeed??

So while I was pondering over Pinterest, I saw a great idea!  I would still time them but in a different way.  I give them a 15 question quiz, when they start, the stopwatch starts.  I put this up on the SmartBoard so everyone can see.  When they finish , they look to the SmartBoard and write down their time.  This way, everyone finishes.    The goal for the next test is to beat their own time.  It becomes a game for them.  So far, so good....it's working.  I have seen an improvement!
The  worksheet generator website is www.mathscores.com/free and the stopwatch website is www.online-stopwatch.com  2 useful tools for the classroom!  Hope you can use them too!!

P.S. East coast...........HAPPY SNOW DAY TOMORROW❄️❄️❄️⛄️🌀⛄️

No comments:

Post a Comment